Thank you so much for considering me for your Virtual Assistant Role. I’m Amy Rose, a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who has exceeded expectations in every position I have ever had!
In my 10+ years of professional experience working with various businesses, I have noticed a trend. I start roles to help with administrative duties, and quickly receive larger and more complex projects as I demonstrate my capabilities. I truly thrive off challenges! I’m looking for a business or professional that is open to finding a VA that can help take them to the next level.
I have been lucky enough to travel to many parts of the world and work with wonderful businesses. I am now fully settled in British Columbia, and I’m ready to take on my next role.
If it sounds like we’d be a good fit for each other, please do reach out and connect with me!
I have been lucky enough to work alongside some awesome Canadian businesses and professionals during my time as a Virtual Assistant.
My duties have included, but are not limited to:
- General office administration
- Implementing project management systems
- On-boarding clients
- Writing blog posts, social media posts
- Social media account management
- Creating SOPs
- Data Entry
- Calendar Management
- Travel booking
- Appointment scheduling
- Client follow-ups via email and phone
- Online research
- Market & competitor research
- Email account management
- Creating spreadsheets for various purposes
- Database management
- CRM management
- Record keeping
- Creating presentations and documents
- Creating landing pages
- Providing customer service
- Reorganizing cloud software
Wedding & Events Manager
This was a temporary full time position. In the short time I had, I was determined to go above and beyond to leave the department more efficient and organized than when I started!
Here's what I got up to:
- Improved the efficiency of internal systems and procedures: G Suite (Drive, Mail, Forms), Cloud storage
- Implemented task management software: Todoist
- Created SOPs for the entire events department
- Updated venue contracts and policies documents
- Recreated all email correspondence
- Redesigned all correspondence between the venue and booked clients
- Answered queries from potential wedding couples via phone and email
- Built relationships with local wedding vendors
- Conducted show-arounds of the venue
- Sold and up-sold our event packages
- Worked alongside the general manager, head chef, and restaurant manager to bring wedding visions to life
- Restructured our bar and catering menus for ease of use
- Calendar management
- General office administration
Online Directory Manager
I was incredibly grateful to be involved in this project and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it!
My responsibilities included:
- WooCommerce Store creation
- WordPress Management (basic writing, formatting and page creation)
- Creating business partnership packages
- On-boarding businesses onto the directories and maintaining relationships
- Copywriting social media and blog posts
- Bookkeeping on Wave Accounting
- General administration
This role unfortunately ended early due the pandemic, however I had a great opportunity to develop my direct sales techniques.
- Contacting small to medium sized businesses in Canada & selling Vendor space at various Women Empowering Women conferences across Canada.
- On-boarding clients and nurturing my relationship with business owners throughout the entire process: Initial contact, providing information and answering questions, application process, technical support, vendor approval, pre-event package.
- Creating my own marketing and outreach systems to better serve my clients.
- Creating databases for all Vendor Coordinators to use to keep track of each event
This was a summer seasonal contract, but wow I learnt a lot in those few short months!
- Administration: All record keeping and filing; Creation of all internal documents.
- Ensuring full compliance with Health Department and Regional Park rules and guidelines.
- Solving complex problems on a daily basis.
- Financial: Budgeting; Product Profit Margins and Menu Pricing; Financial Reports and Forecasting;
Payroll Deductions; GST & PST Payments; Book Keeping; Accounts Receivable and Payable.
- Operations: Sourcing and communicating with suppliers; Delivery logistics; All stock ordering and rotation; Creation of all internal systems and processes; Setting Business Objectives and staff goals.
- Human Resources: Empathetically and successfully leading a team of 8; Payroll; Income Tax; Staff Inductions; Workers Compensation; Scheduling; Hiring; Firing.
- Marketing: Creation of all Social Media (Facebook) and promotional materials.
Planning special events and promotions for holidays, including Canada Day and Staff Appreciation
- Developing Sustainable Practices: 100% single-use plastic free! This was seen as
innovative by our customers and the Provincial Park and received fantastic feedback!
Virtual Assistant to the CEO
- Creation and implementation of internal operational and project management systems
- Reminding the CEO of his upcoming deadlines
- General Administration and data entry
- Creation of marketing and promotional materials
- Managing Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn Social Media Accounts
- Client outreach and sales
- Various research projects
Front Desk Agent
My duties mostly entailed: Checking guests in & out; Taking bookings via phone, email & website; Guest issue resolution; Coordinating the housekeeping team.
Event Design & Sales Consultant
My typical duties entailed:
- Designing and planning events per each of my client’s unique brief
- On-site operational assistance, solving problems and delegating to ensure smooth running
- Ensuring a seamless customer experience from brief through to the event day
- Presenting to prospective clients at industry trade shows
- Answering client inquiries through phone, email and showroom visits
- Cultivating sales opportunities with new and existing clients through relationship nurturing
- Preparing and coordinating deposit requests and invoices in conjunction with Accounting
- Tracking all rental inventory returns
Reception & Administration Support
Although I started this job with basic Administration and Reception duties, I quickly acquired more
responsibility and projects as I demonstrated my skills.
Here’s an overview of the role:
- General Reception & Administration duties
- Planning weekly theatre shows and concerts alongside students
- Coordinating student volunteers
- Coordinating room bookings
- Various banking and accounting duties
- SurveyMonkey survey creation
- Creation of an Asset Depreciation Register for every asset owned by the department
- Mass creation and implementation of a new Shared Drive
- Creation of a new email Marketing Strategy via MailChimp
Events & Projects Coordinator
This was a challenging and fast-paced role as the company was undergoing rapid growth.
I had three main projects during my time at Pivotal:
1) The Pivotal Curriculum – A “train the trainers” programme throughout the UK. I was responsible for each event’s overall success, including but not limited to: Coordinating the operational running of the events; Communicating with all stakeholders; Booking venues; Budgeting; Monitoring and
reporting on event success, both financially and satisfaction wise. A key part of the project’s success was constant innovation, adaptation and reviewing of the in-house processes and systems, with efficiency being my main focus. The success of this project led me to being promoted to a position in Australia.
2) New App Development – I oversaw the creation of our new Apple & Android mobile App. My duties included the creation of the brief and concept document for developers; Deciding on App functionality alongside senior management; Managing communication between stakeholders in multiple countries; Providing feedback to developers; Continually reviewing until 100% completion.
3) Improving internal system efficiency - The company was within it’s rapid growth phase, which meant many of the systems had become antiquated for the size of company. One-by-one, I took an in-depth look at every in-house operational system and made changes to enhance efficiency. For example, our surveying process started as 5 hours a week, and I had minimized it to 15 minutes.
My other responsibilities included:
- Working alongside the Head of Operations on day-to-day business and event logistics
- Booking International travel and accommodation for our trainers
- Delegation of administrative tasks to our Administration Assistant
- Updating the company WordPress website and e-commerce platform
- Creation and implementation of marketing campaigns – postal, email and online
- Management of Credly Account – awarding badges and responding to customer requests
- Creation of monthly business and finance infographic reports via Piktochart software for senior
- All sales invoicing on Quickbooks
- Answering all payable and receivable enquiries
My main duties were:
- Welcoming all visitors at the front desk
- Answering telephone calls and conducting show-
arounds of the residential home.
- Booking transport and answering deliveries
- Booking weekly entertainment
- Writing events material
- General office administration
BA (Hons) Events Management
During my four year degree I undertook a variety of modules suited for the events & business industry. I graduated with first class honours.