Honorable Michael J Healy-Rae TD / Administrative Assistant / August 2017 to December 2017
• Assisted with advocacy work on behalf of constituents in need of support from various government programs, on a case-by-case basis (casework) including detailed tracking of case files through contact database software.
• Maintained an up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate in dealing with casework matters.
• Dealt with daily queries from members of the public by phone or email, taking appropriate initial action to resolve, document or escalate their concerns or inquires.
• Assisted in ensuring that the office is accessible to constituents through regular and consistent hours of operation, answering phone calls, emails, and other correspondence.
• Assisted with office administration duties including file management.
• Attended EU committee meetings, including meetings with Ambassadors from various countries.
• Wrote articles and speeches for Mr. Michael Healy-Rae as required.
• Assisted with other duties as assigned.
• Supports two (2) Law Clerks and all lawyers that they work for.
• Organized and excellent time management skills.
• Preform start to finish uncontested divorces.
• Drafting Financial Statements, Certificate of Financial Disclosure.
• Strong understanding of the Family Law Rules and procedure and court procedures and filing deadlines.
• Strong understanding of filing court material online through the OneKey portal.
• Communicating upon instruction to lawyers and clients.
• Preparing and compiling legal document s from precedents and/or information provided.
• Preparing routine correspondence for clients and lawyers from verbal instructions for signature.
• Assemble briefs and documents for court.
• Compose, transcribe, format, and proofread all documentation for grammar, spelling, and accuracy.
• Book client appointments, coordinate arrangements for meetings/conferences and court attendances. Generally, maintain calendar and deadlines.
• Setting up and maintaining and orderly filing and indexing system.
• Health and Safety Officer/CPR certified