Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper
Skilled office professional with many years of administrative and bookkeeping experience, and a strong work ethic. Committed to excellence in the workplace.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Bookkeeping and Administrative Skills
- 25+ years experience in demanding administrative, office management and reception roles, including performing a wide variety of functions such as data entry, managing multiline phones and email communication, processing applications for service and financial transactions, contract processing, maintaining required inventory and lending library, maintaining schedules, and preparation and distribution of informational materials, always with a positive outlook and can-do attitude.
- 8 years extensive experience in bookkeeping and accounting including accounts payable & receivable, payroll, benefits administration, GST/PST remittances, bank deposits, reconciliations, inventory control, financial reporting and year end functions with accuracy and competence.
- 25 years small business management experience, 17 years as a self-employed provider of financial services, financial restructuring, budgeting, and training; 8 years as a bookkeeper, and 10 years as a healing practitioner.
- Highly proficient in computer applications: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), QuickBooks Professional Accounting, Xero, WagePoint, Dext, Salesforce Data Management, PARIS, SharePoint, Citrix, My Work Space, Lightspeed POS, WordPress, Interac Debit Payment System, and various video conferencing applications. Able to quickly and easily learn new systems to minimize training time and maximize efficient operations.
- Organized and Efficient with Time Management, ensuring that deadlines are met for a smoothly running, consistent operation that makes management easier and creates happy customers.
- Accurate and attentive to detail, with experience accepting, posting and balancing transactions using a debit machine and computerized system, creating an assurance of client confidence.
- Skilled at creating and maintaining reports, such as month-end reports, inventory and expense reports.
- Friendly and Personable, cultivating great long-term relationships with clients, co-workers and business associates, for a happier, more productive team environment.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution, dedicated to creating and participating in a positive work environment where staff enjoy coming to work and clients are valued and respected.
- Enthusiastic Volunteer Recruiter, signing up 250 volunteers for local fundraising event; conducting training orientations and communicating with a team of organizers for a highly successful event.
- Skilled workshop facilitator and practitioner, supporting individuals processing sensitive issues, with healing and personal transformation in a gentle way with compassion and empathy.
Casual Clerk Municipality of North Cowichan Feb 2022 – present
Cloud Accounting & Payroll Specialist Cloudmeb Partner May 2021 – Present
Auxiliary Contracts Clerk 11R (Term) Community Living BC 2018 – 2020
Administrative Assistant Open Access Resource Centre 2017 – 2018
Bookkeeper Self-Employed 2014 – 2018
Energy Healer/Holistic Practitioner/Instructor Self-Employed – Lifeforce Holistic Services 2012 – Present
Office Administrator (Seasonal) Tomahawk Resort, Sioux Narrows 2014
Financial Representative Self-Employed Primerica Financial Services 1996 – 2013
Office Manager Fedora & Associates Inc. 2003 – 2011
Xero Adviser Certified Xero May 2021
Bookkeeping Skill Enhancement Skillsoft Online Training 2014
QuickBooks Training Intuit 2012
Professional Development, Various Primerica & Various Vendors 1996 – 2013
Branch Manager Exam Investment Funds Institute of Canada 2003
Life Insurance Level 2 Certification Insurance Council of Manitoba 1999
Mutual Fund Certification and License Investment Funds Institute of Canada 1997
Accounting for Small Business South Winnipeg Technical Centre 1996
- Treasurer for 1 Love Awakening Society
- Organizing Committee Member for 2014 & 2015 Mother Earth Gathering Womyn of All Nations
- Past Volunteer Chair for Winnipeg Relay for Life
- Volunteer with Honduras Child Alliance providing educational enrichment to children in an orphanage; assist with screening new volunteer applicants
- Volunteer with Children’s Wish Foundation
- Church Organist; past treasurer and chairperson of church steering committee
Volunteer and Treasurer Winnipeg Branch of Quota International