Engaging professional with a passion for helping.
With over six years of experience in a dynamic field that demands exceptional interpersonal skills, quick and confident problem-solving abilities, and a high level of confidentiality; I would be excellent for your freelancing needs.
Coming from the Social Service/ Mental Health sector I have held different positions that have called on me to wear many hats. My most recent position as a Mental Health Coach within the BounceBack (BB) team at Canadian Mental Health Association York-South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) allowed me the opportunity to work in a virtual/ remote setting using different platforms to facilitate different forms of support and office administrative tasks (I.e- RingCentral, MS teams, Zoom, SharePoint, etc.). Assisting numerous people in a day; ensuring best practices are followed for each individual person. My ability to engage with people led to being chosen for various leadership opportunities and advocacy chair positions. Such opportunities had me prepare and facilitate presentations for various training and meetings that led to policy and procedural changes.
As you will see throughout my resume, I have extensive experience in administrative tasks, calendar(s) coordination, and meeting preparation/follow-up. My previous experience along with my passion for assisting people makes me a great fit for this position. Please feel free to reach out via the contact information provided so a meeting may be set up. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mental Health Coach
• Coached a caseload of 100+ participants via tele-communications across Ontario using BounceBack® programming based in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques.
• Used various assessment tools to determine participant admission/ best form of support. Completed transferring procedures between partnering programs depending on participant assessment and stated needs.
• Comprehensive knowledge of PHIPA best practices when working with sensitive and confidential participant information.
• Responsible for organized and thorough records. Providing updates to primary health care providers as needed regarding participant engagement, safety, and risk concerns. Completing documentation and clinical reports within a mandatory timeframe allotment.
• Advocated for and assisted in the creation of policy and procedural changes to better support the different 2SLGBTQ+ communities (i.e.- coaching from a gender-affirming framework).
• Accepted and implemented feedback and support from Supervising Clinical Psychologists.
• Succeeded in both in-office and remote work settings.
Community Outreach, Day Program Facilitator, and Case Management
• Flexible employee who held varying positions within the agency depending on need, family/ participant request, and availability to ensure participant success.
• Led the preparation and facilitation of person-centred life skill, entertainment, and outdoor programming in a co-facilitator and leader capacity.
• Supervised and provided trainings for new and existing staff focusing on programming and varying support measures (i.e.- providing of personal hygiene care, administering medications, and meals (G & J tube feedings)).
• Working in partnership with different hospitals, community services, and families to provide 1:1 person-centred case management and supports (i.e.- personal, behavioural, etc.). Meeting people where they are at in life creating Individual Support Plans to assist in meeting their support goals/ needs.
Assignment Coordinator/ Client Service Specialist
• Coordinated an ever-changing schedule for different levels of front-line health care professionals across Ontario.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure both staffing and client needs are met.
• Confident ‘quick on your feet’ problem-solving skills needed to avoid medical, psychological, or physical harm to clients receiving care.
• Upheld the utmost confidentiality working with sensitive and personal information.
• Engaged with local businesses learning of their pain points within their employee retention and their areas of need that cannot be filled. Prepared and facilitated numerous presentations and meetings for business networking groups, top tier employers, and local support agencies; to advocate and educate on inclusive hiring practices and the benefits of hiring people with a disability.
• Coached participants and their new employers until independence is reached by both parties.
• Upheld excellent case management practices and office administrative support.
Bachelor of Arts (Honors)
Social Service Work
Social Service Worker Diploma
Currently in the application process to be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.