Experienced writer, researcher, editor and can produce high quality administrative documents
With a Bachelor of Commerce and a Master of Arts in Public Policy and Administration, aiming to use skills in research, writing, project management, organization, and editing to achieve strategic goals for clients. Dedicated to delivering effective and efficient service to all stakeholders. Demonstrated commitment to submitting high-quality projects on time and within budget.
• Led the planning coordination and execution of 14 virtual engagement sessions with residents and families to discover what quality of life and quality of care mean to them. Developed questions and answers document, opening remarks, discussion document, options note, engagement plan, invitation and registration form. Collaborated with internal ministry staff and external stakeholders to inform engagement plan.
• Analyzed, summarized and organized findings from engagement sessions into a thematic summary report used to inform the development of a Quality Framework and related indicators for Long-Term Care in Ontario.
• Presented the engagement plan and findings from engagement sessions to other units inside and outside the ministry, the Associate Deputy Minister, and the Policy Division.
• Developed and supported a plan to coordinate and streamline MLTC’s relationship and processes with a formal government agency. Supported the development of an Accountability Agreement between a formal agency and MLTC.
• Review accountability documents from government agencies to ensure they reflect the ministry’s strategic priorities. Provide strategic advice and recommendations to manager.
• Apply principles of policy development, project management, stakeholder relations and research to achieve strategic goals. Perform research on tools and systems that can best address stakeholder needs.
• Produce visual and written materials to support project work and communicate project status to a variety of stakeholders, including internal and external executives. Write and develop briefing decks, decision notes, options notes, and speaking points for senior leadership.
• Engage in oral and written briefings for senior leadership on proposals from key associations, current projects and files.
• Gathered KPI data and feedback about the course and program to re-develop the Transition to Clinical Leadership course with the goal of enhancing the quality and impact of the learning experience.
• Conceptualized key concepts for student learning to build and present online learning modules on the Blackboard Learning Management System in a creative and engaging way, while applying attention to detail and accuracy.
• Cross-referenced course and program learning outcomes to ensure all requirements were met.
• Applied advanced skills in writing, editing and adult learning techniques to deliver high quality modern eLearning course.
• Utilized strong research skills to build reading lists and enhanced course with learning objects and relevant videos.
• Used H5P program to advance online learning objects and developed a range of innovative evaluation methods.
Teaching and Grading Assistant
• Graded first- and third-year courses: HTT150 Tourism Demand, Supply and Distribution; HTH102 Service and Professionalism; HTF110 Food Service Operations and Control; HTT509 Tourism Policy; HTH501 Advanced Service Management.
• Led and facilitated weekly ‘Writing Circles’ on Zoom for first year students enrolled in HTH102 aimed at teaching academic research and writing. Conducted academic writing coach appointments to provide additional support.
• Provided constructive feedback to over 300 students online. Grade online discussions, quizzes, assignments, essays, and presentations.
• Researched academic integrity policies at the university to create and design 6 Academic Integrity Modules specifically tailored for students in the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program using advanced knowledge of adult learning techniques. The modules have been included in the curriculum for HTH102 and HTH501.
Program and Project Officer
Delivered administrative and operational functions for the Chair of Nursing programs. Assigned as project manager and assistant on several key projects while providing support to nursing programs.
PROGRAM OFFICER: Program Delivery and Administration for 3 Major Nursing Programs.
• First point of contact for students in the RPN Bridge to BScN Program – a collaboration program between George Brown College and Trent University, providing efficient and friendly service.
• Gathered data and applied research-based evidence to increase student satisfaction in nursing programs.
• Planned and executed orientation sessions and exam periods: scheduling, booking faculty keynotes, reviewing and preparing information packages, communicating details to all students and relevant stakeholders, anticipating challenges, trouble shooting and problem-solving as issues arise.
• Communicated effectively with students, professors, and coordinators, responding to all inquiries professionally and in a timely manner.
• Worked closely with professors and coordinators to manage all grade submissions, create master grade spreadsheets and grade calculators using Excel, and coordinated promotions meetings.
PROJECT OFFICER: Assigned to various projects with increasing scope and responsibilities.
Project Manager, Bridge Blackboard Course Shell Improvement Project
• Conducted a reboot of Blackboard course shells using empirical evidence and KPIs for all courses within the RPN Bridge to BScN Program to ensure consistency, relevance and ease of navigation.
• Collaborated across departments including IT and the Teaching and Learning Exchange to meet project deliverables.
• Worked closely with senior management and faculty to understand and implement course needs.
• Developed and used project management techniques and collaborative tools such as: Gantt charts, Issues Logs, Microsoft Teams and Excel for project planning and delivery.
• Managed and guided staff on how to carry out work efficiently and effectively.
Project Assistant, CASN Accreditation
• Supported the Chair through two program accreditations: Collaborative BScN Program, Toronto Metropolitan University and RPN Bridge to BScN Program (2019), Trent University (2020).
• Coordinated document collection, version control while creating an organized system for appendices.
• Applied effective communications strategies when reaching out to internal and external stakeholders.
• Collaborated with college and university project leaders to meet needs, deadlines, and revise documents.
Project Assistant, eCampus Interprofessional Complex and Long-Term Care Certificate in collaboration with partners from Toronto Metropolitan University, Baycrest Centre and George Brown College
• Collaborated and worked directly with project leaders to meet all deadlines, achieve satisfaction from all governing bodies, and submit documentation to the Project Planning Review Committee, the George Brown College Senate and the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
• Developed, managed, organized, updated, and maintained shared Google Drive to ensure final version of documents were tracked, saved and distributed to all stakeholders.
• Coordinated meetings and calendars using Outlook for 7 committees with internal and external stakeholders.
• Attended committee meetings, created agenda packages and minutes; advanced in minute taking and report writing.
• Conducted qualitative and quantitative data analysis of pilot.
• Provided solutions to problems, clearly articulated next steps, and diagnosed appropriate actions.
• Tracked deliverables and activities, updated project plans and schedules as needed.
• Provided ongoing communication and supports to key stakeholders.
• Created and followed Gantt Charts and Issues Logs for management of project deliverables.
Master of Arts in Public Policy and Administration
Bachelor of Commerce
Major Human Resources
Graduated with distinction