Procurement and Supply Chain Management | Identifying opportunities for collaboration, process improvement and cost savings.
I have recently moved to Canada and I am so excited to form new connections and explore opportunities that will not only challenge me, but that I can add value to, explore new strategies and develop new techniques for better performance delivery.
I pride myself on keeping good communication, having great attention to detail, being proactive and forward thinking. I enjoy the fast paced industries, and consider myself a quick and eager learner .
Procurement and Project Management Consulting
• Optimized supply network design and processes.
• Managed data collection and cleaning for presentation to stakeholders.
• Using best practices (item categories, dual sourcing, just in time), implemented strategic sourcing and procurement
• Ensured that supply contract terms set up are ethical and sustainable for both the company and the supply partner.
• Identified, vetted and selected 25 new supply chain partners.
• Oversaw distribution of recovery fund monies to 150 entities in Durban, South Africa following the riot crisis that
occurred in July 2021. The fund overall value was R2 Million (CAD155 000).
Researched and identified partners for collaboration.
• Managed IT services required for website relaunch.
• Managed third party partners, for book distribution and services providers for upcoming leadership seminars.
• Mapped out project requirements, timelines and delivered regular status reports.
• Successful website relaunch, meeting time deadline and allocated budget.
• Led the purchasing function and fulfilled all purchasing requirements for stock holding, direct sales and project
• Led the implementation of new ERP (NetSuite).
• Analyzed purchasing and inventory data for demand forecasting, and regular reporting.
• Conducted inventory counts and set up trade/purchase initiatives for slow-moving stock.
• Managed third party logistics providers both local and international
• Successful implementation of new ERP system, meeting go-live deadline
• Improved procurement teams’ visibility for quick response to shortages by leveraging functionality of new ERP
• Forecasting and inventory management for packaging and finished goods category. Forecasted Top 15 SKU’s
(spend and volume) for price negotiation and consignment deliveries
• Negotiated with local and international suppliers (based in South Africa, Spain, India and China)
• Assisted with new product development by advising on supplier capabilities, researched alternative material and
• Managed vendor performance: contacted new or existing suppliers to set up meetings and followed up on
project deadlines to ensure material is provided on time for launch.
• Liaised with Quality, Production, and Finance teams to address any issues with suppliers
• Successfully changed suppliers of one of the top items (1 million units used per year) resulting in 11% savings in
Bachelor of Commerce - Management Studies
Specialized in Economics and Marketing
Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain
Managing supply chain; Managing risks; Operations and category management; Improving the competitiveness of the supply chain. Meeting business needs; Sourcing; Negotiating and Contracting, Managing supplier relationships and contracts.